Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Second Time Around

I have spring fever and I have it bad. The last three days have been in the 70s. Depending on where you are reading this from, 70 degree weather may not sound like a big deal, but after a week and a half straight of 30 to 40 degree rain and sleet, it is very welcome.

So two things happen to me when I have spring fever. The first thing is that I have to stop myself from taking out a second mortgage on my home to buy everything that catches my eye at the local plant nurseries. The second is that I have to stop myself from taking out a second mortgage so that I can buy a new wardrobe that somehow flatters my wintry white legs, and keeps me cool, while still being comfortable.

So since second mortgages are out (we finally just paid ours off, yay!) This year I'm turning to used clothing boutiques, and Savers. Second Time Around on Thayer street in Providence recently saved me from going to a black tie wedding in jeans and a tee shirt. With only 45 minutes to shop, I found a great black dress that I will definitely wear again. They carry lots of gently used designer clothes and boutique extras. (I stick to the used clothing) You can find anything from Prada shoes, to a Milly blouse, to a pair of used Miss Sixty jeans.

Another great resource for Rhode Islanders is Into The Wardrobe, which also boasts a beautiful collection of used designer clothing. There is a wide selection and price range. You may find a pair of Gucci pants and then on the next rack something from Banana Republic, or Marc by Marc Jacobs.

For those who would like to go online and get their used clothing glitz on, there is Rodeo Drive Resale. I've gotten a couple of pairs of used designer jeans there in the past, citizens of Humanity and 7 for All Mankind. They have a wide range of articles. Some pieces there are new overstock, so if you are trying to buy only used clothing pay attention as to if it says new or not. They are very clear about which items are new.

So until more of these designers wise up and go organic, I'll be buying used. I read that 7 is supposed to be coming out with an organic jean, so I'll keep you posted if I find it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are all over 340 pounds on every page. But for all I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices as regards the boots were all over 250 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this locate selling them for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching for that singular make. The prices seeking the boots are around 230 pounds on every page. But definitively I found this location selling them for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are approximately 350 bucks on every site. But for all I found this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 190 dollars everwhere. But finally I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 170 pounds everwhere. But definitively I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices for the shoes were around 220 dollars on every page. But completely I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat tools[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood avenues to build an income online.